If you’re passionate about providing exceptional care to dogs and want to be part of a dedicated team, you’re in the right place. Whether you’re experienced or looking for a new adventure, we have positions available to make a positive impact in their lives. Join us as we create a joyful and safe environment for dogs to thrive!
Dog Day Care Assistant
Required to start Summer 2023 – exact date to be confirmed.
Full-time or 2 x part-time considered
Monday to Friday
8am to 6pm (subject to change)
A chance to join a new and exciting venture providing doggy day care services to clients in the central Solihull area. Mollycoddles Doggy Day Care is the latest venture in the highly successful and award-winning Mollycoddles Pet Care family.
We are now recruiting for a new Doggy Day Care Assistant to be based at our new site at Solihull Riding Club.
This is an ideal position for a dog lover who enjoys spending time with all breeds and is a lover of the outdoors. You will be a friendly and good communicator who is well presented, and with strong communication skills. This is very much a customer service role as well as a dog care role as you will be representing our brand with our clients.
This is a physically challenging role, working in all weathers outside, lifting, bending whilst controlling dogs.
- Have experience working with dogs in a professional capacity OR have theory based training relating to dogs.
- Have a genuine passion for dogs.
- Be willing to grow and adapt with the business.
- Don’t mind getting dirty and be happy working outdoors, in all weathers.
- Be able to show a proven history, through references, of your reliability, trustworthiness, and good communication skills.
- Be able to provide a DBS check or have one carried out.
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence as you may be required to collect and drop dogs on occasions using the company vehicle.
- A related qualification
- Ideally live within or close to the Solihull area.
- Meeting and greeting customers for dog drop off and collection.
- Ensuring the dogs are happy and safe during the day as well as providing enrichment and exercise. This could include playing with them, basic training exercises and supervising them during rest periods.
- Cleaning up after the dogs. This includes scooping the poop and disposing of the poop, in a bin specifically for the purpose, at the end of the day.
- Monitoring dog behaviour and acting accordingly. This could include disengaging unwanted behaviour.
- Ensure the safety of the dogs is never compromised.
- Filming and photographing our dogs for our social media platforms.
- Odd jobs around the Day Care facility.
- Cleaning and maintaining indoor and outdoor areas.
- Cleaning each dog before home time.
- Moving equipment.
- Communicating in a pleasant and professional manner with our clients.
- Being willing to take part in staff training and development where required.
- Checking each dog’s notes before collection and providing any updates to customers as well as explaining dog behaviour concerns where necessary.
Please email your CV together with covering letter to: email@example.com